Are you experienced in Sales? Do you enjoy developing customer relationships? Are you organised, confident and have an eye for detail?
We are a local business in Haywards Heath, and we are looking for a highly motivated and driven Sales Consultant Surveyor to join our growing sales team. With vast experience in providing tailor-made blinds and a bespoke service, we are seeking someone with a passion for delivering excellent customer service and a flair for interior design to help continue their aim of earning their customers future recommendations.
As a Sales Consultant Surveyor you will be using your “can do” attitude and superb communication skills to meet customers’ requirements and offering in-depth advice to help grow the business even further, whilst supporting team members and promoting the company ethos.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review sales enquiries received and prepare for all calls
- Manage your diary
- Estimate in the home/office whenever possible and convert the lead to order
- Process the order; email the receipt to the customer with confirmation of the order.
- Be aware of new ranges/sales/promotions. Ensure that price lists and samples are up to date.
- Provide all relevant samples, books and prices required for each visit
- Accurately measure the different types of windows for the most suitable Blind
- Agree specifications and window treatment/style etc
- Discuss with the customer their possible budget.
- Fill in all relevant boxes on the survey sheet and sketches where necessary.
- Secure the order by taking 50% deposit. Provide customer with a (written) receipt
- Telephone follow-up within 7 days unless the customer has accepted the order
- Pass on ideas to the sales team
- Assist the sales team with showroom maintenance
- Actively seek new leads, chase old leads and re-quote wherever possible.
- Be able to communicate with Suppliers.
- A proven track record in sales (ideally within the Blinds trade but not essential)
- A genuine passion and interest in the business
- A consultative and understanding customer approach with excellent communication skills
- Happy working in a small team
- The ability to “muck in” and be self sufficient
- A follow-through attitude is important
- An empathetic nature
- Ideally working in a similar or allied market for a minimum of 5 years (preferred)
- Local to mid-Sussex area
- Excellent communicator.
- Education to A Level or equivalent (essential). A degree of equivalent (desirable)